Sarah founded Strong By Sarah with the belief that life is too short to skip dessert. She spent years restricting food and burning countless calories (and hours) on the elliptical machine before she found weightlifting, rediscovered carbs, and started enjoying herself with friends instead of logging her food under the table to see if there were enough points/calories/macros left for a glass of wine.
Sarah found her passion for coaching fitness as a barre instructor and became an ACE-Certified Personal Trainer in 2016. She discovered she was good at lifting weights – and loved it – a bit by accident and soon, she was encouraging women to pick up a barbell and see what they were capable of. She also learned how to properly fuel her body (see: carbs) and came to appreciate her body and what it was capable of for the first time, well, ever.
As the Founder and CEO of Strong By Sarah, Sarah’s mission is to help women become the best and healthiest versions of themselves through movement and food with an emphasis on balance – reaching their health and fitness goals without giving up wine and cheese nights with friends or a celebratory cupcake to get there. Education and experience fuel her coaching practice, along with a belief that life is meant to be lived well and balanced.
Fast Facts About Sarah:
- Loves coffee, whiskey, peanut butter, jelly beans, and gummy bears
- Hates running and rowing (does it anyway)
- Dog mom to Knox, a tiny yorkie with a big attitude
- Proud Tennessee Volunteer (favorite season? Football)
- Favorite lifts: snatch, clean, squats of every kind
- Least favorite lifts: strict press and bench press (does them anyway)
- Avid reader (The Sound and The Fury and Gone With The Wind are her favorites)
- Always writing something
- Would pack up and move to London tomorrow