You hear it on the news:
“The average American gains X pounds during the holidays.”
“The average American eats X calories on Thanksgiving day.”
“The average American will eat x many cookies at office holiday party.”
Of course, the numbers change based on what study the news is quoting, but the idea is the same – the hype around weight gain and food intake during November and December is real. Sensationalized, even.
Not around here.
Around here, we’re eating Christmas cookies – and will probably have a slice of pie, too.
The holiday season is stressful. Travel. Family. Crowds. Shopping. Decorating. Parties. Food.
You don’t have to add “diet and exercise” to the reasons the holiday can increase your stress level.
You can have your Cookie and eat it too.
The Strong By Sarah 4-Week Holiday Challenge is designed to help you approach the holiday season with confidence.
This isn’t a weight loss challenge.
This is a “maintain a healthy balance during the holiday season” challenge.
Beginning December 2, 2019, we’re going to work together over the next four weeks to approach Christmas (and all the events around it) with a healthy mindset and no guilty feelings when you go back for another gingerbread man.
What do you get from the Strong By Sarah 4-Week Holiday Challenge?
- Confidence to approach the holiday season without stressing about your health and fitness goals
- Access to me via email
- Four weeks of fitness programming (3 workouts per week)
- Nutrition coaching and weekly habit challenges
- Private Facebook Group
- Weekly Facebook Lives – Ask Me Anything!
- Weekly Check-Ins
- Goal setting and habit-tracking worksheets
Some more detailed information about the Strong By Sarah 4-Week Holiday Challenge:
- Both in the gym and at home options will be delivered weekly – you’ll walk into the gym with a plan, no need to stand around wondering what to do next. Don’t have a gym membership? No worries. All you need is a set of dumbbells to complete your workouts at home.
- All workouts will be under an hour in length – no one has time to be in the gym for two plus hours, especially when there are holiday parties to get to.
- I’ll include a bonus workout too, just in case you decide three days of workouts just isn’t enough.
- Don’t make it to the gym all three days? Or any of them? No one is going to point fingers – we get it. It’s a busy season. We’re going to work on giving ourselves grace.
Each week will have a nutrition theme and a habit paired with it. We’re not tracking calories or hitting macros – we’re working towards small, sustainable changes that lead to big results over time.
- Week One: Hydration – How much water should we drink? Why do we drink water in the first place? This week, we’ll work on our water consumption and understanding why H2O is essential.
- Week Two: Nutrient Density – Food isn’t “good” or “bad”, but some foods are more nutrient dense than others. This week, we’ll look at what makes foods more nutritious and how to add them to your plate – while still enjoying those sugar cookies.
- Week Three: How To Holiday – As we gear up for Christmas – and maybe a holiday party or two – we’re going to focus on “how to holiday” by working on our mindset to prepare to enjoy the festivities without guilt.
- Week Four: How To Post-Holiday – You’ve enjoyed the holidays, now what? This week, we set ourselves up for success post-holiday (while still enjoying our favorite seasonal treats!) as we prepare for 2020.
Private Facebook Group
You’ll have access to a private Facebook where you can talk all things Strong By Sarah, food, fitness, holidays, and life. Bonus points if you share cute photos of dogs.
Weekly Facebook Lives
Each week during the challenge, you can join me (Sarah) for a Facebook Live session within our group. We’ll talk about that week’s theme and workouts, and you can ask me anything, from nutrition and fitness to why on earth my dog does the things he does (I don’t know – but he’s really cute).
Each week, you’ll fill out a short form to check-in with me and share how things are going. This is where you’ll tell me how you’re feeling, what you like, what you don’t like, what you’re struggling with… Anything you want to share or want 1:1 advice on as we work through the challenge.
The catch here? We only weigh in and measure twice, on the first day, and the last day. We’re not thinking about the scale. We’re thinking about our health.
I’ll provide downloadable worksheets for habit tracking, reflection, and goal-setting – all optional, but valuable!
Ready to join us?
Plus, you’re enrollment fee will go towards paying off student lunch debt.
10% of each enrollment fee will go to a fund to help pay off student lunch debts. Too often, news headlines tell of students being denied lunch due to owing school debts. In many cases, school lunch is the one guaranteed meal a child may have that day and absolutely no child should go hungry. Children facing hunger may struggle in school and are more likely to repeat a grade in elementary school, experience developmental impairments, or have more social and behavioral problems according to Feeding America.
That means $7.90 of each enrollment fee will go towards paying off lunches at a local school. Depending on the school system, that could be as many as four lunches per person. It may not seem like a lot, but a little makes a big difference, and one life changed is worth it.
What do you have to lose? (Aside from stressing out about your diet and exercise plan the week of your office holiday party?)
Questions? Email me at StrongBySarah@gmail.com.